Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Closet Zen

It wasn't until I moved off campus from UCSD that I realized that I really like big closets. In fact, one of the notable things that I miss about being in San Diego is the closet at Via Andar. I realized that it wasn't because I was a clothes-horse (I'm not), or because I could stuff all my junk into it and have the illusion of a clean room; it was because I could see everything at once. All my options were laid out in front of me, and the rest I could take care of in my head.

With a little bit of closer thought, it turns out that that pretty much describes my approach towards life in general. I'm pretty much the opposite of rash, and like to weigh all my choices before making a decision. Because of that, I'm rarely as spontaneous as I'd like to be, and I plan and overanalyze things way too much.

Et tu, closet? Just like my mp3 player playlists... What about your personality manifests itself in your surroundings?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dude i'm totally going to miss my closet too. one of my entire walls is a closet (3 sliding doors). <3