Sunday, March 8, 2009

Where have the weekends gone?

"Living for the weekend."

That's usually my motto for when I'm home in Cupertino because there's not a whole lot going on here. I think two summers ago was the best example of this. Everyone had just or was on the cusp of turning 21, we were all working and had some money to burn through and could explore a whole new aspect of home that could potentially redeem it of its boredom (it hasn't).

Fast forward to this past summer and an equally ridiculous situation ensues. We had all just graduated, which was as good an excuse as any to party, and we had even more money to spend. From what little I remember, the weekends started on Thursdays and ended whenever you groggily woke up on Sunday afternoon.

Fast forward to now and things are pretty different. It's understandable; we're past the novelty and afterglow of graduation, thinking longterm, focusing on work or graduate school, might be over that scene, saving up money for cars/homes/school or maybe just trying to grow up.

I just wonder what event, if anything, will ever bring back such a carefree period of outlooks? Maybe I just want to push Daniel through another window on Castro, but does life just get too serious from here on out?


And my boy Anoop is in the American Idol Top 13! Apparently it's Michael Jackson week next week... I'm thinking "Rock With You" or "The Way You Make Me Feel."

No comments: