Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Deterioration

I didn't touch on it earlier, but another reason that I created this blog is because of my law school personal statement. As I was editing and revising it, I was getting increasingly annoyed with the sentences I was constructing. They seemed wordy, awkward and repetitive in structure. I used to consider myself a good writer, or at least a level above what I was producing in my PS. I think I had to write a grand total of 4 papers my last 2 years at UCSD, so let's say I'm out of practice.

I also blame it on the fact that the last time I did any kind of consistent reading for pleasure was, get this, in elementary school and jr high. Hell, I read Lord of the Rings in elementary school, so I guess I peaked about 14 years ago.

Point being, here we are. Reason #x: an exercise in writing.

No comments: