Sunday, January 18, 2009

ANOOP

So I took a mini-break from writing... but only in relative terms, because there was a point where I was writing posts everyday and pretty much stockpiling them. Anyway, I think some of the stuff I write about is a little too heavy for daily consumption.

With Chinese New Year's on the horizon and me saving up to travel this summer, I really wish my family.. wasn't my family. Okay, that's a bit strong, but here: In my best year I think I got about $200 total, and that was a hell of an anomaly. In junior high and the beginning of high school, my haul would be one red envelope with $20 from my parents. Then when I was a junior in high school, I got one from them that had $1 in it with a note that said "It's the thought that counts." Extrapolate a few years down the line from that and I'm guessing I'll get a lump of coal this year.

I think I'm going to actually watch American Idol this year. So two things for those of you that may not know: I sang in an a cappella group at UCSD and if I'm involved in something, I'm in 110%. I got familiar with groups from all over the nation and found a particularly good one from UNC called the Clef Hangers. They have a soloist named Anoop that I've big-time man-crushed on for the past year.. AND HE'S ON AMERICAN IDOL THIS SEASON.

Here's him covering "The Only One For Me" by Brian McKnight (Seriously, how many people can cover him?)


And here's him auditioning on American Idol


And now a female crush, Kina Grannis.

No comments: