Sunday, November 2, 2008

Turds

You can't polish them. Wise saying of The Hurng.

I keep a few sayings in the back of my head whenever I make most decisions, here are some of them.

1. Why worry about the things I can't control? Stressing won't change the outcome. What makes me worry less is #2.
2. Get myself to the fork in the road before anything else. Stop thinking, start doing and work so that I can get myself into a position to make the choices I want to make. Apple pie vs. pumpkin pie, not an apple core vs. that crap that you pull out of pumpkins when you carve them.
3. There's always going to be a million reasons to not do something. But obviously, we do things. When am I just making an excuse for myself? And what's really the worst that can happen?
4. Like #3, what am I going to remember next month, year, decade?

Tidbits
-I get a 5:30 AM client starting next week, which puts my wakeup time at 4:45. Blah.
-I was watching "Supersize Me" tonight and they always show lots of obese people walking around from behind while the guy is narrating, "Obesity is an epidemic these days, blah blah.." Wouldn't it suck to watch the movie and then recognize yourself as one of the obese people in the movie!?

No comments: