Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Brainfog

In light of my insane wake up times, I've noticed that my language skills definitely take a beating in the mornings. Most popular flubs include:

1. "How are you doing?" + "How's it going?" It's like I can't make up my mind on which to say, and both come out, which results in a garbled "How irt going?" The "are" comes out really short and the "going" comes out as "goo-ing."

2. "That's great!" + "That's good!" which comes out as "That's grood!" "Grood set... form is lookin' grood."

3a. Counting difficulties. Often, I'll count reps or time out loud. The trouble area is right around 11-14, where I suspect it might have something to do with the transition from the teens. For some reason, it just doesn't register in my head, and I'll just kind of grunt to fill the counts while I find the right number. "15, 14, 13, huh, huh, huh...9?, 8."

3b. I'll zone out and just lose complete count. That's why I prefer to not do stuff in front of mirrors where they can see me, so I can just do my take my early morning stares at my own leisure. I'm getting really good at guessing what # they are at, but it doesn't matter.. turns out that people stop counting for themselves if I do it sometimes.

4. I blank on the names of machines and exercises. As I go from exercise to exercise, I like to talk about what's in store for them, and in the mornings sometimes it's just reduced to pointing. "We'll go to the uh... that machine right after we do a set of these.. one legged... deadlifts. Oh, the lat pulldown machine, I mean."

5. I forget to get the weights or equipment that we need for the exercise. We'll be on the mat about to do some ab exercise with medicine balls, and I'll take my place beside them and realize the medicine balls aren't even there. "Oh.. holdon a second."

Of course.. not all of these happen everyday..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha my favorite post! good to get some morning lol@you's in from work.