Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bathroom

I thought I saw a mushroom in the toilet bowl at home today. I was pretty disgusted, but the worst part is that I wasn't even completely surprised. It turned out to be a detergent releaser that my brother had bought, which was pretty surprising for a few reasons. I've been embroiled in an extremely passive-aggressive bathroom cleaning war with my brother for the past few years, which stems from the fact that we're both too lazy to completely clean the bathroom that we share. So the fact that he's done something to benefit the both of us is puzzling... Either he's trying to usher in an era of truce or he's passively-aggressively prodding me to respond in kind.

Highlights:
-We have a towel rack next to the shower which breaks about every 2 years due to not being anchored to a stud in the wall. Last time it broke in February and he accused me of breaking it, even though I was in San Diego for the preceding months. It was broken until about July, when I finally just fixed it with drywall and paint.
-Whenever he cleans the counter/mirror, he only wipes off his side.
-The florescent light bulbs have been out/incredibly dim and flickering for the past 3 weeks, and neither of us have changed them... or even mentioned them. Which is funny because we both shower at night, and half the time I either need to re-shampoo halfway through or rinse off halfway through because I have enough foam to imitate Santa. (Though I do like that when I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I'm not blinded by the light.)
-Last summer, I ran an experiment on the toilet paper in the bathroom. I took 2 rolls and hid one under the sink - I used that one. I put the other roll in it's normal place on the dispenser for my brother to use: I kept running out of toilet paper when I needed it and wanted to compare the rates of usage. The results showed a rate of 2.5 rolls for my brother to 1 for me... which explained things. I understand being cautious to avoid the dreaded fingerpoke-through, but c'mon.

No comments: