Friday, December 12, 2008

Band

I've always had a musical outlet in my life. In fact, it's a big part of how I define myself. Piano, trombone (yes...), guitar, singing... one of the above has always been able to manifest itself somehow. But I dropped band in junior high, piano lessons stopped in high school and it's hard to be in a college a cappella group when you're out of college.

Aside from my passing urges to buy a bass, that kind of leaves the guitar for now, and so one of my resolutions in my year of freedom (YOF - in reference to the period of time before law school where I have no real obligations) is to improve substantially at guitar. Wes Montgomery here I come! And since I don't have the money for my beloved Les Paul, I'm determined to do it on my Ovation acoustic-electric.

It can get sort of boring, just learning, practicing and playing on your own, so I hope for a return of Sarah and the Well-Hungs this year! We had quite a few practices and jam sessions in the summer, even got offered a gig, but things happen and people get busy.

James on solo guitar, me on rhythm, Sarah on drums and Jon on yelling gibberish.



No comments: